In pursuit of a peaceful and fulfilling life, we have to pay attention to our mental and physical state, reinforces Evan Bass Men’s Clinic. As such, both of these things are crucial to life. Men, however, do not like to divulge much about their wellness, particularly, mental wellness. Health is an essential component in everyone’s lives. It is important that men are properly educated, brought awareness, and asked to put in proactive efforts. This helps in catering to their physical, mental, and emotional needs.
While men are traditionally viewed as the stronger gender, they also have their own set of nuances that they need to tend to. It is easier to combat such problems when there is adequate knowledge of the same.
Given below are the very commonly encountered problems by the men folk.
- Heart Diseases: Heart diseases still remain the leading cause of death among men globally informs Evan Bass Men’s Clinic. Risk factors such as high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, and unhealthy lifestyle choices contribute significantly.
- Cancer: Cancer is also a major cause of fatalities amongst men as they are at a higher risk of contracting this disease biologically. They are namely lung, prostate, and colorectal cancer. Early detection and lifestyle changes play a significant role in reducing the chances of being affected by the same.
- Mental Health: Men are less likely to ask for help regarding their mental health, leading to decades of undiagnosed and untreated mental conditions like depression and anxiety.
- Substance Abuse: Substance abuse, including alcohol and drug addiction, affects a significant number of men. Access to addiction treatment and support is vital for recovery.
- Obesity: This is a growing concern for a lot of men. Obesity causes countless hindrances to a man’s well-being. A healthy diet and regular exercise are crucial for maintaining a healthy weight.
- Physiological Health: Certain conditions like E.D. or erectile dysfunction can impact a man’s quality of life. Open communication with healthcare providers is key to addressing these concerns prescribes Evan Bass Men’s Clinic.
- Suicide: Men have a higher suicide rate than women in many countries. Mental health support, crisis helplines, and reducing the stigma around asking for help would prevent such things from happening.
Prevention is the cornerstone of good health. The above problems can be easily curbed and kept at bay by carrying out certain practices such as given below:
- Regular checkups: Annual healthcare can help identify complications that seem to not be serious when they first emerge.
- Healthy Diet: Incorporate a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Avoid processed foods, saturated fats, and added sugars.
- Physical activities: Engaging in physical activity can help maintain a healthy body weight, reduce the risk of heart-related diseases, and boost mental health. Working out for 150 minutes per week is enough to keep fit.
- Mental Health Awareness: On experiencing depression or anxiety, it is imperative that professional help is sought. One could confide in friends and family without feeling shy about it.
- Limit Tobacco and Alcohol: Limiting such substances can help keep the liver and other important organs of the body in shape. It is best if one can live without them. These habits pose a very serious threat and can be detrimental to health if let off the leash.
There is no doubt that men feel a greater pressure to provide for their families. However, despite the existing responsibilities, one other very important responsibility each man has is towards himself. Therefore, paying attention to every physical and mental ailment is mandatory for all the men out there.